Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals
This Notice document was issued by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
For related information, Open Docket Folder
NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION
[Docket No. NRC-2013-0129]
Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in theFederal Registerunder the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: Suspicious Activity Reporting Using the Protected Web Server (PWS).
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-XXXX.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion. Reporting is done on a voluntary basis, as suspicious incidents occur.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Nuclear power reactor licensees provide the majority of reports, but other entities that may voluntarily send reports include fuel facilities, independent spent fuel storage installations, decommissioned power reactors, power reactors under construction, research and test reactors, agreement states, non-agreement states, as well as departments of health, medical centers, steel mills, and radiographers.
5. The number of annual respondents: 50.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 678 hours.
7. Abstract: The NRC licensees voluntarily report information on suspicious incidents on an ad-hoc basis, as these incidents occur. This information is shared with authorized nuclear industry officials and Federal, State, and local government agencies using PWS. Information provided by licensees is considered OFFICIAL USE ONLY and is not made public.
Submit, by October 7, 2013, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine, and have copied for a fee, publicly available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/.
The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2013-0129. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods: Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2013-0129. Mail comments to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6258, or by email to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 5th day of August, 2013.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2013-19175 Filed 8-7-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P
No documents available.
| || |
Comment Period Closed
Oct 7 2013, at 11:59 PM ET
Show More Details
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2013
Federal Register Number: 2013-19175
This document is contained in
Related RINs: None
* This count refers to the total comment/submissions received on this document, as of 11:59 PM yesterday. Note: Agencies review all submissions, however some agencies may choose to redact, or withhold, certain submissions (or portions thereof) such as those containing private or proprietary information, inappropriate language, or duplicate/near duplicate examples of a mass-mail campaign. This can result in discrepancies between this count and those displayed when conducting searches on the Public Submission document type. For specific information about an agency’s public submission policy, refer to its website or the Federal Register document.
Document text and images courtesy of the