Pesticide Products; Applications to Register New Uses
This Notice document was issued by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
For related information, Open Docket Folder
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
Notice of Receipt of Pesticide Products; Registration Applications To Register New Uses
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces receipt of applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended. This notice provides the public with an opportunity to comment on the applications.
Comments must be received on or before June 28, 2013.
Submit your comments, identified by docket identification (ID) number and the EPA Registration Number or EPA File Symbol of interest as shown in the body of this document, by one of the following methods:
Additional instructions on commenting or visiting the docket, along with more information about dockets generally, is available at .
For Further Information Contact
A contact person is listed at the end of each registration application summary and may be contacted by telephone, email, or mail. Mail correspondence to the Antimicrobial Division (7510P) or Registration Division (7505P), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001. As part of the mailing address, include the contact person's name, division, and mail code.
I. General Information
A. Does this action apply to me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. The following list of North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide to help readers determine whether this document applies to them. Potentially affected entities may include:
B. What should I consider as I prepare my comments for EPA?
1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through regulations.gov or email. Clearly mark the part or all of the information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or CD-ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD-ROM as CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD-ROM the specific information that is claimed as CBI. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2.
2. Tips for preparing your comments. When submitting comments, remember to:
i. Identify the document by docket ID number and other identifying information (subject heading, Federal Register date and page number).
ii. Follow directions. The Agency may ask you to respond to specific questions or organize comments by referencing a Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part or section number.
iii. Explain why you agree or disagree; suggest alternatives and substitute language for your requested changes.
iv. Describe any assumptions and provide any technical information and/or data that you used.
v. If you estimate potential costs or burdens, explain how you arrived at your estimate in sufficient detail to allow for it to be reproduced.
vi. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns and suggest alternatives.
vii. Explain your views as clearly as possible, avoiding the use of profanity or personal threats.
viii. Make sure to submit your comments by the comment period deadline identified.
II. Registration Applications
EPA has received applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients. Pursuant to the provisions of FIFRA section 3(c)(4), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications. Notice of receipt of these applications does not imply a decision by the Agency on these applications. For actions being evaluated under the Agency's public participation process for registration actions, there will be an additional opportunity for a 30-day public comment period on the proposed decision. Please see the Agency's public participation Web site for additional information on this process . EPA received the following applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients:
1. EPA Registration Number: 100-1017. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2012-0589. Applicant: Syngenta Crop Protection, LLC, P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419-8300. Active ingredient: Fomesafen. Product Type: Herbicide. Proposed Use: Lima Beans. Contact: Michael Walsh, (703) 308-2972, email address: .
2. EPA Registration Number: 100-1131. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0231. Applicant: Syngenta Crop Protection, LLC, P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419-8300. Active ingredient: Mesotrione. Product Type: Herbicide. Proposed Use: Mesotrione-Tolerant Soybeans. Contact: Michael Walsh, (703) 308-2972, email address: .
3. EPA Registration Numbers: 352-728, 352-729, and 352-844. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0238. Applicant: DuPont Crop Protection, Stine-Haskell Research Center, P.O. Box 30, Newark, DE 19714. Active ingredient: Chlorantranili-prole. Product Type: Insecticide. Proposed Use: Peanuts. Contact: Jennifer Urbanski, (703) 347-0156, email address: .
4. EPA Registration Number: 39039-17. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0264. Applicant: Michael Fletcher, V.P., Y-Tex Corp., P.O. Box 1450, 1825 Big Horn Ave., Cody WY 82414-1450. Active ingredient: Abamectin. Product Type: Insecticide. Proposed Uses: Cattle Ear Tags on Lactating Dairy Cows. Contact: Jessica Rogala, (703) 347-0263, email address: .
5. EPA File Symbol: 53883-GGL. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0256. Applicant: Control Solutions, Inc., 5903 Genoa-Red Bluff Road, Pasadena, TX 77507-1041. Active ingredient: Novaluron. Product Type: Insecticide; Insect Growth Regulator. Proposed Uses: Control of fleas, roaches, flies, mosquitoes, gnats, litter beetles, and ants on furniture, animal quarters, carpets, kennels, and poultry houses. Contact: Jennifer Gaines, (703) 305-5967, email address: .
6. EPA File Symbol: 89101-R. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0363. Applicant: Reintjes Marine Surfaces Technologies, LLC, 3800 Summit Street, Kansas City, MO 64111. Active ingredients: Zinc and Silver. Product Type: Antifoulant. Proposed Uses: Thermoplastic antifouling powder coating to prevent hard and soft fouling on all boat/ship hulls/bottoms of pleasure and commercial vessels and stationary structures in freshwater and saltwater. Contact: Karen Leavy, (703) 308-6237, email address:
List of Subjects
Environmental protection, Pesticides and pests.
Dated: May 21, 2013.
Director, Registration Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 2013-12754 Filed 5-28-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P
No documents available.
| || |
Comment Period Closed
Show More Details
Date Posted: May 29, 2013
Federal Register Number: 2013-12754
This document is contained in
Related RINs: None
* This count refers to the total comment/submissions received on this document, as of 11:59 PM yesterday. Note: Agencies review all submissions, however some agencies may choose to redact, or withhold, certain submissions (or portions thereof) such as those containing private or proprietary information, inappropriate language, or duplicate/near duplicate examples of a mass-mail campaign. This can result in discrepancies between this count and those displayed when conducting searches on the Public Submission document type. For specific information about an agency’s public submission policy, refer to its website or the Federal Register document.
Document text and images courtesy of the