Pesticide Products: Applications to Register New Uses
This Notice document was issued by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
For related information, Open Docket Folder
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
Notice of Receipt of Pesticide Products; Registration Applications To Register New Uses
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces receipt of applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended. This notice provides the public with an opportunity to comment on the applications.
Comments must be received on or before October 11, 2013.
Submit your comments, identified by docket identification (ID) number and the EPA Registration Number or EPA File Symbol of interest as shown in the body of this document, by one of the following methods:
Additional instructions on commenting or visiting the docket, along with more information about dockets generally, is available at http://www.epa.gov/dockets.
For Further Information Contact
Lois Rossi, Registration Division (RD), (7505P), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (703) 305-7090; email address: RDFRNotices@epa.gov.
I. General Information
A. Does this action apply to me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. The following list of North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide to help readers determine whether this document applies to them. Potentially affected entities may include:
B. What should I consider as I prepare my comments for EPA?
1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through regulations.gov or email. Clearly mark the part or all of the information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or CD-ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD-ROM as CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD-ROM the specific information that is claimed as CBI. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2.
2. Tips for preparing your comments. When submitting comments, remember to:
i. Identify the document by docket ID number and other identifying information (subject heading,Federal Registerdate and page number).
ii. Follow directions. The Agency may ask you to respond to specific questionsor organize comments by referencing a Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part or section number.
iii. Explain why you agree or disagree; suggest alternatives and substitute language for your requested changes.
iv. Describe any assumptions and provide any technical information and/or data that you used.
v. If you estimate potential costs or burdens, explain how you arrived at your estimate in sufficient detail to allow for it to be reproduced.
vi. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns and suggest alternatives.
vii. Explain your views as clearly as possible, avoiding the use of profanity or personal threats.
viii. Make sure to submit your comments by the comment period deadline identified.
II. Registration Applications
EPA has received applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients. Pursuant to the provisions of FIFRA section 3(c)(4), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications. Notice of receipt of these applications does not imply a decision by the Agency on these applications. For actions being evaluated under the Agency's public participation process for registration actions, there will be an additional opportunity for a 30-day public comment period on the proposed decision. Please see the Agency's public participation Web site for additional information on this process http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/regulating/registration-public-involvement.html. EPA received the following applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients:
1. EPA Registration File Symbols: 100-RLNO and 100-RLRN. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0536. Applicant: Syngenta Crop Protection, LLC, P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419. Active ingredient: Avermectin (Abamectin). Product Type: Insecticide. Proposed Use: Turf.
2. EPA Registration Numbers: 100-895, 100-898, 100-1154, and 100-1259. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0536. Applicant: Syngenta Crop Protection, LLC, P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419. Active ingredient: Avermectin (Abamectin). Product Type: Insecticide. Proposed Use: Caneberries (Group 13-07A).
3. EPA Registration Numbers: 100-895, 100-1259, 100-1350, 100-1351, 100-1408, and 100-1439. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0536. Applicant: Syngenta Crop Protection, LLC, P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419. Active ingredient: Avermectin (Abamectin). Product Type: Insecticide. Proposed Uses: Corn and soybeans.
4. EPA Registration Numbers: 100-921 and 100-1363. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0550. Applicant: Syngenta Crop Protection, LLC, P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419. Active ingredient: Acibenzolar-s-methyl. Product Type: Fungicide. Proposed Use: Sorghum.
5. EPA Registration File Symbols: 352-IIE and 352-ITI. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0528. Applicant: DuPont Crop Protection, Stine-Haskell Research Center, P.O. Box 30, Newark, DE 19714. Active ingredient: Penthiopyrad. Product Type: Fungicide. Proposed Uses: Potato seed pieces, canola, corn and soybeans.
6. EPA Registration Numbers: 352-728 and 352-730. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0235. Applicant: DuPont Crop Protection, Stine-Haskell Research Center, P.O. Box 30, Newark, DE 19714. Active ingredient: Chlorantraniliprole. Product Type: Insecticide. Proposed Uses: Tree Nut Group 14-12, and Stone Fruit Group 12-12 (except cherry, chickasaw, plum, and damson plum).
7. EPA Registration Numbers: 62719-363 and 62719-341. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0496. Applicant: Dow Agrosciences, LLC, 9330 Zionsville Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46268-1054. Active ingredient: 1,3-Dichloropropene. Product Type: Fumigant (Fungicide). Proposed Use: Pineapple.
8. EPA Registration File Symbol/Registration Number: 86203-EA and 86203-1. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0528. Applicant: Landis International, Inc., P.O. Box 5126, Valdosta, GA 31603-5126, agent on behalf of Mitsui Chemicals Agro, Inc., 1-5-2, Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato-Ku Tokyo, 105-7117, Japan. Active ingredient: Penthiopyrad. Product Type: Fungicide. Proposed Use: Sugarbeets.
List of Subjects
Environmental protection, Pesticides and pest.
Dated: August 30, 2013.
Director, Registration Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 2013-22081 Filed 9-10-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P
No documents available.
| || |
Comment Period Closed
Oct 11 2013, at 11:59 PM ET
Show More Details
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2013
Federal Register Number: 2013-22081
This document is contained in
Related RINs: None
* This count refers to the total comment/submissions received on this document, as of 11:59 PM yesterday. Note: Agencies review all submissions, however some agencies may choose to redact, or withhold, certain submissions (or portions thereof) such as those containing private or proprietary information, inappropriate language, or duplicate/near duplicate examples of a mass-mail campaign. This can result in discrepancies between this count and those displayed when conducting searches on the Public Submission document type. For specific information about an agency’s public submission policy, refer to its website or the Federal Register document.
Document text and images courtesy of the