Pesticide Products: Applications to Register New Uses
This Notice document was issued by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
For related information, Open Docket Folder
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
Notice of Receipt of Pesticide Products; Registration Applications To Register New Uses
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces receipt of applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended. This notice provides the public with an opportunity to comment on the applications.
Comments must be received on or before April 5, 2013.
Submit your comments, identified by docket identification (ID) number and the EPA Registration Number or EPA File Symbol of interest as shown in the body of this document, by one of the following methods:
Additional instructions on commenting or visiting the docket, along with more information about dockets generally, is available at http://www.epa.gov/dockets.
For Further Information Contact
A contact person is listed at the end of each registration application summary and may be contacted by telephone, email, or mail. Mail correspondence to the Registration Division (7505P), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001. As part of the mailing address, include the contact person's name, division, and mail code.
I. General Information
A. Does this action apply to me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. The following list of North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide to help readers determine whether this document applies to them. Potentially affected entities may include:
B. What should I consider as I prepare my comments for EPA?
1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through regulations.gov or email. Clearly mark the part or all of the information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or CD-ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD-ROM as CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD-ROM the specific information that is claimed as CBI. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2.
2. Tips for preparing your comments. When submitting comments, remember to:
i. Identify the document by docket ID number and other identifying information (subject heading,Federal Registerdate and page number).
ii. Follow directions. The Agency may ask you to respond to specific questions or organize comments by referencing a Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part or section number.
iii. Explain why you agree or disagree; suggest alternatives and substitute language for your requested changes.
iv. Describe any assumptions and provide any technical information and/or data that you used.
v. If you estimate potential costs or burdens, explain how you arrived at your estimate in sufficient detail to allow for it to be reproduced.
vi. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns and suggest alternatives.
vii. Explain your views as clearly as possible, avoiding the use of profanity or personal threats.
viii. Make sure to submit your comments by the comment period deadline identified.
II. Registration Applications
EPA has received applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients. Pursuant to the provisions of FIFRA section 3(c)(4), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications. Notice of receipt of these applications does not imply a decision by the Agency on these applications. For actions being evaluated under the Agency's public participation process for registration actions, there will be an additional opportunity for a 30-day public comment period on the proposed decision. Please see the Agency's public participation Web site for additional information on this process (http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/regulating/registration-public-involvement.html). EPA received the following applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients:
1. EPA Registration Numbers: 100-617 and 100-618. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0051. Applicant: Syngenta Crop Protection LLC, P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419-8300. Active Ingredient: Propiconazole. Product Type: Fungicide. Proposed Use: Rapeseed subgroup 20A. Contact: Erin Malone, (703) 347-0253, email address: email@example.com.
2. EPA Registration Number: 264-1065. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2012-0107. Applicant: Bayer CropScience, P.O. Box 12014, 2 T.W. Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Active Ingredient: Spirotetramat. Product Type: Insecticide. Proposed Uses: Banana and plantain; bushberry subgroup, crop subgroups 13-07B and 13-07H including aronia berry, bearberry, bilberry, blueberry (highbush and lowbush), Chilean guava, cloudberry, cranberry, currant (black, buffalo, native, and red), elderberry, European barberry, gooseberry, edible honeysuckle, jostaberry, juneberry, muntries, lingonberry, partridgeberry, salal, sea buckthorn, including cultivars, varieties and/or hybrids of these; additional citrus fruits, crop group 10-10 including Australian lime (desert, finger, and round), Brown River finger lime, Japanese summer grapefruit, Mediterranean mandarin, Mount White lime, New Guinea wild lime, Russell River lime, sweet lime, tachibana orange, Tahiti lime, trifoliate orange, uniq fruit including cultivars, varieties, and/or hybrids of these; coffee; pineapple; additional pome fruits, crop group 11-10 including azarole, Chinese quince, Japanese quince, medlar, tejocote including cultivars, varieties, and/or hybrids of these; pomegranate; bulb vegetables, crop subgroup3-07A including daylily (bulb), fritillaria (bulb), garlic (bulbs of common, great-headed, serpent), lily (bulb), onion (bulbs of common, Chinese, pearl, potato), shallot (bulb) plus cultivars, varieties and/or hybrids of these; bulb vegetables, crop subgroup 3-07B including Chinese chive (fresh leaves), chive (fresh leaves), elegans hosta, fritillaria (leaves), kurrat, leek, wild leek, lady's leek, Beltsville bunching onion, fresh onion, green onion, macrostem onion, tree onion tops, Welsh onion tops, shallot fresh leaves plus cultivars, varieties and/or hybrids of these; additional fruiting vegetables, crop group 8-10 including African eggplant, bush tomato, cocona, currant tomato, garden huckleberry, goji berry, martynia, naranjilla, okra, pea eggplant, roselle, scarlet eggplant, sunberry, tree tomato, pepper (cayenne, chili, habanero, jalapeno, pablano, pimento, serrano), including cultivars, varieties and/or hybrids of these; globe artichoke; taro leaves; and watercress. Contact: Rita Kumar, (703) 308-8291, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. EPA Registration Numbers: 279-3052 and 279-3158. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0056. Applicant: FMC Corporation, 1735 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Active Ingredient: Clomazone. Product Type: Herbicide. Proposed Uses: Brassica, head and stem, subgroup 5A; rhubarb, and southern pea. Contact: Erik Kraft, (703) 308-9358, email address: email@example.com.
4. EPA Registration Numbers: 400-436 (technical), 400-518, and 400-521. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2012-0949. Applicant: Chemtura Corporation, 199 Benson Road, Middlebury, CT 06749. Active ingredient: Triflumizole. Product Type: Fungicide. Proposed Uses: Tomato; Pome Fruit, Group 11-10; Small Fruit, Vine Climbing, except Fuzzy Kiwifruit, Subgroup 13-07F; and Low Growing Berry, Subgroup 13-07G. Contact: Tamue L. Gibson, (703) 305-9096, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. EPA Registration Numbers: 62719-373 (technical), 62719-374 (MUP) and 62719-375. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2012-0911. Applicant: Chemtura Corporation, 199 Benson Road, Middlebury, CT 06749. Active Ingredient: Quinoxyfen. Product Type: Insecticide. Proposed Uses: Fruiting Vegetable, Group 8-10; Small Fruit, Vine Climbing, except Fuzzy Kiwifruit, Subgroup 13-07F; and Low Growing Berry, Subgroup 13-07G. Contact: Tamue L. Gibson, (703) 305-9096, email address: email@example.com.
List of Subjects
Environmental protection, Pesticides and pest.
Dated: February 22, 2013.
Daniel J. Rosenblatt,
Acting Director, Registration Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 2013-05091 Filed 3-5-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P
No documents available.
| || |
Comment Period Closed
Apr 5 2013, at 11:59 PM ET
Show More Details
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2013
RIN: Not Assigned
Federal Register Number: 2013-05091
This document is contained in
Related RINs: None
* This count refers to the total comment/submissions received on this document, as of 11:59 PM yesterday. Note: Agencies review all submissions, however some agencies may choose to redact, or withhold, certain submissions (or portions thereof) such as those containing private or proprietary information, inappropriate language, or duplicate/near duplicate examples of a mass-mail campaign. This can result in discrepancies between this count and those displayed when conducting searches on the Public Submission document type. For specific information about an agency’s public submission policy, refer to its website or the Federal Register document.
Document text and images courtesy of the