Agency Information Collection Activities: Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur, Form I–526, Revision of a Currently Approved Collection
This Notice document was issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
For related information, Open Docket Folder
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
[OMB Control Number 1615-0026]
Agency Information Collection Activities: Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur, Form I-526, Revision of a Currently Approved Collection
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), will be submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published in theFederal Registerto obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until January 29, 2013.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security, USCIS, Office of Policy and Strategy, Laura Dawkins, Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2140. Comments may also be submitted via the Federal eRulemaking Portal Web site at http://www.Regulations.gov under e-Docket ID number USCIS-2007-0021.
All submissions received must include the agency name and Docket ID. Regardless of the method used for submitting comments or material, all submissions will be posted, without change, to the Federal eRulemaking Portal at http://www.regulations.gov, and will include any personal information you provide. Therefore, submitting this information makes it public. You may wish to consider limiting the amount of personal information that you provide in any voluntary submission you make to DHS. DHS may withhold information provided in comments from public viewing that it determines may impact the privacy of an individual or that is offensive. For additional information, please read the Privacy Act notice that is available via the link in the footer of http://www.regulations.gov.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-526, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. This form is used by the USCIS to determine if an alien can enter the U.S. to engage in commercial enterprise.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 8,070 responses at 1 hour and 20 minutes (1.33 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 10,733 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please visit the Federal eRulemaking Portal site at: http://www.regulations.gov.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Office of Policy and Strategy, Regulatory Coordination Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529, Telephone number 202-272-8377.
Dated: November 25, 2012.
Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2012-29020 Filed 11-29-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P
No documents available.
| || |
Comment Period Closed
Jan 29 2013, at 11:59 PM ET
Show More Details
Date Posted: Nov 30, 2012
Federal Register Number: 2012-29020
Please accept these comments on behalf of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
This document is contained in
Related Dockets: None
Related RINs: None
* This count refers to the total comment/submissions received on this document, as of 11:59 PM yesterday. Note: Agencies review all submissions, however some agencies may choose to redact, or withhold, certain submissions (or portions thereof) such as those containing private or proprietary information, inappropriate language, or duplicate/near duplicate examples of a mass-mail campaign. This can result in discrepancies between this count and those displayed when conducting searches on the Public Submission document type. For specific information about an agency’s public submission policy, refer to its website or the Federal Register document.
Document text and images courtesy of the