Food Labeling: Calorie Labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines; Correction
This Proposed Rule document was issued by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
For related information, Open Docket Folder
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Food and Drug Administration
21 CFR Part 101
[Docket No. FDA-2011-F-0171]
Food Labeling; Calorie Labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines; Correction
Food and Drug Administration, HHS.
Proposed rule; correction.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is correcting a proposed rule that appeared in theFederal Registerof April, 6, 2011 (76 FR 19238). To implement the vending machine labeling provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (Affordable Care Act), FDA proposed requirements for providing calorie information for certain articles of food sold from vending machines. The document published with several errors including an incorrect contact phone number and an incomplete address. This document corrects those errors.
For Further Information Contact
Daniel Y. Reese, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (HFS-820), Food and Drug Administration, 5100 Paint Branch Pkwy., College Park, MD 20740, 240-402-2371.
In FR Doc. 2011-8037, appearing in theFederal Registerof April 6, 2011 (76 FR 19238), the following corrections are made:
1. On page 19238, in the second column, underFOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACTthe phone number “301-436-2371” is corrected to read “240-402-2371”.
2. On page 19239, in the third column, in the last paragraph, the last sentence, “ `Act' is defined as the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.” is removed.
3. On page 19243, in the first column, beginning in the 29th line, the phrase “FDA is proposing in § 101.8(c)(2)(i)(B) and § 101.8(c)(2)(i)(C) that the calorie declaration * * *.” is corrected to read “FDA is proposing in § 101.8(c)(2)(i)(C) that the calorie declaration * * *.”
4. On page 19243, in the second column, in the first full paragraph, “§ 101.8(c)(2)(ii)(B)” is corrected to read “§ 101.8(c)(2)(ii)(C)”.
5. On page 19255, in the first column, in proposed § 101.8(d)(3)(v), the phrase, “FDA, White Oak Building 22, Rm. 0209, 10903 New Hampshire Ave., Silver Spring, MD 20993.” is corrected to read “FDA, CFSAN Menu and Vending Machine Labeling Registration, White Oak Building 22, Rm. 0209, 10903 New Hampshire Ave., Silver Spring, MD 20993.”
Dated: June 21, 2011.
Acting Assistant Commissioner for Policy.
[FR Doc. 2011-15983 Filed 6-24-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4164-01-P
No documents available.
| || |
Comment Period Closed
Show More Details
Date Posted: Jun 27, 2011
CFR: 21 CFR Part 101
Federal Register Number: 2011-15983
This document is contained in
Related Dockets: FDA-2011-F-0172
Related RINs: None
* This count refers to the total comment/submissions received on this document, as of 11:59 PM yesterday. Note: Agencies review all submissions, however some agencies may choose to redact, or withhold, certain submissions (or portions thereof) such as those containing private or proprietary information, inappropriate language, or duplicate/near duplicate examples of a mass-mail campaign. This can result in discrepancies between this count and those displayed when conducting searches on the Public Submission document type. For specific information about an agency’s public submission policy, refer to its website or the Federal Register document.
Document text and images courtesy of the