Pesticide Products: Registration Applications for New Active Ingredients
This Notice document was issued by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
For related information, Open Docket Folder
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
Pesticide Products; Registration Applications for New Active Ingredients
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA has received several applications to register pesticide products containing active ingredients not included in any currently registered pesticide products. Pursuant to the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications.
Comments must be received on or before November 29, 2013.
Submit your comments, identified by docket identification (ID) number and the EPA File Symbol of interest as shown in the body of this document, by one of the following methods:
Additional instructions on commenting or visiting the docket, along with more information about dockets generally, is available at http://www.epa.gov/dockets.
For Further Information Contact
Susan Lewis, Antimicrobials Division (AD) (7510P), telephone number: (703) 305-7090, email address: ADFRNotices@epa.gov; Robert McNally, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division (BPPD) (7511P), telephone number: (703) 305-7090, email address: BPPDFRNotices@epa.gov; or Lois Rossi, Registration Division (RD) (7505P), telephone number: (703) 305-7090, email address: RDFRNotices@epa.gov. The mailing address for each contact person is: Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001. As part of the mailing address, include the contact person's name, division, and mail code. The division to contact is listed at the end of each pesticide petition summary.
I. General Information
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. The following list of North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide to help readers determine whether this document applies to them. Potentially affected entities may include:
B. What should I consider as I prepare my comments for EPA?
1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through regulations.gov or email. Clearly mark the part or all of the information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or CD-ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD-ROM as CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD-ROM the specific information that is claimed as CBI. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2.
2. Tips for preparing your comments. When submitting comments, remember to:
i. Identify the document by docket ID number and other identifying information (subject heading,Federal Registerdate and page number).
ii. Follow directions. The Agency may ask you to respond to specific questions or organize comments by referencing a Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part or section number.
iii. Explain why you agree or disagree; suggest alternatives and substitute language for your requested changes.
iv. Describe any assumptions and provide any technical information and/or data that you used.
v. If you estimate potential costs or burdens, explain how you arrived at your estimate in sufficient detail to allow for it to be reproduced.
vi. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns and suggest alternatives.
vii. Explain your views as clearly as possible, avoiding the use of profanity or personal threats.
viii. Make sure to submit your comments by the comment period deadline identified.
II. Registration Applications
EPA has received several applications to register pesticide products containing active ingredients not included in any currently registered pesticide products. Pursuant to the provisions of FIFRA section 3(c)(4), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications. Notice of receipt of these applications does notimply a decision by the Agency on these applications. For actions being evaluated under the Agency's public participation process for registration actions, there will be an additional opportunity for a 30-day public comment period on the proposed decision. Please see the Agency's public participation Web site for additional information on this process (http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/regulating/registration-public-involvement.html). EPA received the following applications to register pesticide products containing an active ingredient not included in any currently registered products:
1. EPA File Symbols: 1021-EANA, 1021-EANE, 1021-EANG, 1021-EANL, 1021-EANR, 1021-EANT, 1021-EANU, 10308-GA, and 10308-GL. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0478. Applicant: I2L Research USA Inc., 1330 Dillon Heights Ave., Baltimore, MD 21228-1199, on behalf of Sumitomo Chemical Company, LTD., 27-1, Shinkawa 2-Chome, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo 104-8260, Japan. Active ingredient: Momfluorothrin. Product type: Insecticide. Proposed uses: Non-food residential indoor/outdoor uses. (RD)
2. EPA File Symbols: 6704-OG and 6704-OU. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ- OPP-2013-0538. Applicant: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Arlington Square Building, MS 725, Washington, DC 20240. Active ingredient: Male sea lamprey pheromone (3-ketopetromyzonol-24-sulfate). Product type: Biochemical pheromone. Proposed uses: Mating disruptor for sea lamprey control. (BPPD)
3. EPA File Symbol: 71975-G. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0570. Applicant: Matthew Brooks, Ph.D. of Ag-Chem Consulting, 12208 Quinque Lane, Clifton, VA 20124 on behalf of Northwest Agricultural Products, 821 South Chestnut Ave., Pasco, WA 99301. Active ingredient: Pseudomonas fluorescens strain D7. Product type: Herbicide. Proposed use: Manufacturing use. (BPPD)
4. EPA File Symbol: 71975-U. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0570. Applicant: Matthew Brooks, Ph.D. of Ag-Chem Consulting, 12208 Quinque Lane, Clifton, VA 20124 on behalf of Northwest Agricultural Products, 821 South Chestnut Ave., Pasco, WA 99301. Active ingredient: Pseudomonas fluorescens strain D7. Product type: Herbicide. Proposed uses: For suppression of downy brome, medusahead, Japanese brome and jointed goatgrass on cropland, rangeland, turf and non-crop areas. (BPPD)
5. EPA File Symbol: 74655-GU. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0627. Applicant: Hercules, Inc., a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Ashland, Inc., 5500 Blazer Parkway, Dublin, OH 43017. Active ingredient: Ammonium Carbamate. Product type: Antimicrobial. Proposed uses: Paper mill process water and re-circulating cooling water systems. (AD)
6. EPA File Symbol: 84542-O. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0433. Applicant: Cupron Technologies, P.O. Box 85073, Richmond, VA 23285. Active ingredient: Cuprous iodide. Product type: Bacteristat, fungistat. Proposed uses: Indoor non-food use on fibers, carpet, films, plastics, coatings, laminates, adhesives and sealants. (AD)
7. EPA File Symbol: 89615-R. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0575. Applicant: Amy Plato Roberts of Technology Science Group, Inc., 712 Fifth St., Suite A, Davis, CA 95616 on behalf of IAB, S.L. (Investigaciones y Aplicaciones Biotechnologicas S.L.), Avda, Paret del Patriarca 11-B, Ap. 30, 46113 Moncada (Valencia) Spain. Active ingredient: Bacillus subtilis strain IAB/BS03. Product type: Fungicide. Proposed use: Manufacturing use. (BPPD)
8. EPA File Symbols: 89615-E, 89615-G, 89615-L, and 89615-U. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0575. Applicant: Amy Plato Roberts of Technology Science Group, Inc., 712 Fifth St., Suite A, Davis, CA 95616 on behalf of IAB, S.L. (Investigaciones y Aplicaciones Biotechnologicas S.L.), Avda, Paret del Patriarca 11-B, Ap. 30, 46113 Moncada (Valencia) Spain. Active ingredient: Bacillus subtilis strain IAB/BS03. Product type: Fungicide. Proposed uses: Greenhouse, field use, and home and garden use on various fruits and vegetables, cotton, hops, tobacco, fruit and nut trees, turf, and ornamentals. (BPPD)
List of Subjects
Environmental protection, Pesticides and pests.
Dated: September 30, 2013.
Director, Registration Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 2013-25596 Filed 10-29-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P
No documents available.
| || |
Comment Period Closed
Show More Details
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2013
Federal Register Number: 2013-25596
This document is contained in
Related Dockets: None
Related RINs: None
* This count refers to the total comment/submissions received on this document, as of 11:59 PM yesterday. Note: Agencies review all submissions, however some agencies may choose to redact, or withhold, certain submissions (or portions thereof) such as those containing private or proprietary information, inappropriate language, or duplicate/near duplicate examples of a mass-mail campaign. This can result in discrepancies between this count and those displayed when conducting searches on the Public Submission document type. For specific information about an agency’s public submission policy, refer to its website or the Federal Register document.
Document text and images courtesy of the